It is a medicinal preparation and a nutritional supplement available in the form of sachets. Each sachet contains the active ingredient Lactoferrin at a concentration of 100 mg. It is saturated with iron by 30% and the other 70% of it works to capture free iron in the body to form hemoglobin.
What is lactoferrin?
Lactoferrin is a multifunctional protein of the transferrin family. It is a glycoprotein found in some mammalian secretions such as saliva, tears and milk, especially human and cow milk. It presents in abundance in the first three days of the breastfeeding process. This protein combines with iron, binding iron in the blood plasma. These proteins have an important role in raising the body’s immunity against viruses.
How does Provan work in the human body?
The active substance of Provan (lactoferrin) works in the human body by destroying the cell walls of some types of harmful bacteria, so it competes with them to get their food from the human body and thus kills them. It also increases the absorption of iron in the body through its binding with iron as it belongs to the family of transferrin that carries iron and is naturally occurring in the blood and its function is to transport iron inside the body. The lactoferrin protein is characterized by its ability to bind with iron 300 times compared to the transferrin protein that is naturally present in the human body.
Provan sachets is mainly used in the treatment of anemia, especially during pregnancy & lactation, where pregnant women need more iron to maintain the health of the fetus.
- It is used in the treatment of iron deficiency in children, and cases of general weakness in the body.
- It is used to strengthen the immune system.
- It is used in the treatment of hair loss caused by a deficiency of ferritin in the body.
- It is used in the treatment of intestinal infections in children.
- It is used during exercise to strengthen the body in general.
- It is used in the prevention of breast tumor disease.
- It is used in knee arthritis management.
Dosage & Administration
|For children from birth to one year||Dissolve half a sachet in milk or water once a day.|
|For children from the age of 1 to 3 years||One sachet is dissolved in milk or water once a day.|
|For children over 3 years old and adults:||A sachet is dissolved in a quarter of a glass of milk or juice a quarter of an hour before eating, twice a day, one sachet in the morning and one in the evening.|
|Dosage for pregnant women from the first month until the end of pregnancy||A sachet is dissolved on a quarter cup of milk or juice a quarter of an hour before eating, once in the morning and once in the evening for a month, then one sachet per day until the end of pregnancy or according to the doctor’s instructions.|
|Dosage for nursing mothers||A sachet is dissolved on a quarter cup of milk or juice a quarter of an hour before eating, twice a day, one sachet in the morning and one sachet in the evening.|
|Dosage of cases of hair loss due to ferritin deficiency||a sachet is dissolved on a quarter cup of milk or juice a quarter of an hour before eating, twice a day, one sachet in the morning and one ba sachet g in the evening for a month.|
|Dosage for the prevention of breast cancer||A sachet is dissolved in a quarter cup of milk or juice a quarter of an hour before eating, once a day for a continuous month, and then it is repeated every 6 months after that.|